Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mug woes

I love collecting mugs. My helper on the other hand loves breaking them. Perhaps her clumsiness is nature’s way of ensuring that my kabootarkhaana of a kitchen is never overrun by mugs. I tried saving my beauties by starting to wash them myself. But whenever I err, my helper delivers the fatal blow. Since the time I used quickfix to glue together a mug I have had since college, she makes it a point to collect all broken pieces of the mugs she breaks, so I can glue them later. I am now the proud owner of mugs that are chipped or have some part missing. I am so scarred by the experience that I haven’t bought anything in the past few months. Every time I look for a ‘mug of the day’ for my weekend chai, my no-so-perfect mugs make me sigh. But the hoarder in me refuses to part with them. I am saving them to use as planters some day.

No comments: