Friday, May 6, 2011

Indian Ocean and I

I clearly remember my first Indian Ocean concert. One because it was the first concert I attended. And when it is a guy like Asheem singing the lead vocals, you feel your heart come in your mouth, ready to jump out and take off. Ok I am not much of a music buff or writer to describe what Indian Ocean can do to you but they are special to me. As I sat sprawled on the grass at Qutub lawns I think, I got a call from my mother. I was supposed to be at home in a few weeks because the wedding circus had finally started. I would be meeting the first of the guys I met before P happened. My feelings were mixed as Kya Maloom reached a tempo. The crowd was getting on its feet, but I was lost in my thoughts pulsating to the thaaps of the tabla, bracing for the days ahead.

No comments: