Thursday, December 8, 2011

Self gloating

Pregnancy has done wonders to my self image. I have never revelled in the sight of my cleavage, a bit of flesh on display and overall the way I look, as I have over the past months. Part of it could be a result of being unable to do much about the way I have begun to look. The baby needed my thighs to be sturdier, the waist to accumulate more layers of fat and my breasts to fill up. Side effects such as glowing skin and a healthier mane have been helpful in dealing with the not-so-welcome changes. Anyway, the point is that impending motherhood has brought out a new love in me for myself, warts and imperfections included. I feel good despite the toll being a human incubator has taken. I think I can handle myself better. I am more at peace with myself although this could be a smugness induced by the feeling that everything at this point is justified and excusable. Still, I am looking forward to get into shape, do yoga, run, cycle, dress up more, laugh more, and be more active, once my baby is here. Not for its sake but for mine.

No comments: