Friday, August 26, 2011

New horizon and new blues

I am not only about to begin a new phase of life but all set to usher it in a new city. Emotionally, it has been taxing. For once, my heart, soul and feet are not ready to comply with my Gemini spirit and embrace the new and unknown. It is really difficult when you walk ten steps and begin panting, feel the lil being inside is hating it and it is time to hail a cab. It is even worse when for once in your life you want to follow a discipline, clean up your act and be a golden woman, but you can no way do it. How do you do it when you are packing up a house, keeping unearthly hours, moving into hotels and service apartments and gorging on everything that is not really healthy?

This is not exactly how a post from a new city should sound like. But I needed to get it out of my system before I could move on to anything else. I am not drowning into self pity but I am struggling to keep afloat until there is a semblance of the ordinary and mundane in my life again. In the meantime, I am happy to report that the one mall I explored on Orchard Road yesterday seemed promising shopping wise. Singapore is definitely expensive compared to Hong Kong and the feeling of awe that hits you as you make your way through Hong Kong's narrow and people-ridden streets is absent here. So is its chicness and glamour. But it is too soon to sign off my new home.

No comments: