Friday, November 28, 2014

Back to books

I find it tough nowadays to write for the fun of it. Words overwhelm me. They make my eyes water and my brain shudder.

For the last three months, I have been burning the midnight oil reading and writing. I wonder where I would be if I had spent my five years at university with such dedication.  

With family and a kid, some things become a luxury. For me it is time. And the harder to get it acts, the harder I work - juggling being me, momma, wifey and a museum guide. I never knew it was in me to be interested in history. But here I am, furiously absorbing in the 32 signs by which to identify the Buddha. I love the musty silence of my museum. I am at an age where I accept my failings and my strengths. I am comfortable among the sentients of the past. Their silent demeanour draws me. They stir up my dried-up muse. I could not be a professor, but I am confident of being a history teacher – and a mighty good one.


Back to reading Buddhism’s esoteric form.

No comments: