Sunday, January 2, 2011

New and old

I have no resolutions for this year except to be happy and do my best to take on the challenges hurled at me. Last year was one of the best years of my life. The way I connected with myself, learnt to accept my limitations and that others can be better than me, helped me to be less severe on myself and see and accept others for what they are.

I am still far away from being a saint but that is a path I was not meant to tread. Hope I do not have to chew my words because who knows what saint would mean to me in another decade or even a year.

The future is always tantalising and at the moment I am all charged up to lend as much drama and verve to my ordinary life as possible. I spent the last few moments of last year roaming on the streets. Watching the revelry and stupor, I felt glad that no matter how insignificant the change in day or a number on the calendar is people refuse to be burdened by its knowledge and continue to live their big fat or not so fat lives.

Remember to be humble despite what you have and be happy about what you have in spite of what you lost.

No comments: