Sunday, April 25, 2010

Face wash

It is said if it said that we grow with time. If we do then it is probable we put on layers of growth every time the “TIME” spins a new googly our way.

In my case, it seems, every experience is simply a cleanser that wipes some more black from my face. After every face wash I open my eyes to see a bit more of ME in the mirror. If so then many bottles of face wash later, I am sure to discover my true self san makeup.

But if life is to be lived, till the last breath, then during my last moments in this life, when I have nothing to lose, I may finally be rubbed clean to reveal that purest and truest of myself. But then I will promptly be signed off with canisters of ghee and the lick of flames and a blow to my poor skull that would all remain when the flames are done.

PS: watched The Ghost Writer (TGW) yesterday. Two thoughts!

1. Does an actor make a role or does a role make the actor? Wrong English? Never mind! Pierce Brosnan does not tug at my heart the way Akshay does despite the tragedy called “Singh is King”. I have watched Mr Brosnan in bits as Bond and hold on to my belief that Daniel Craig bought more sense and brawn to the role in his first tryst. I have watched Brosnan in “The Thomas Crown Affair”, “Mama Mia” and now TGW and beyond the good looks, suaveness and sleekness; I have failed to understand his style. His acting feels like my cooking skills that end up making every dish I concoct, taste the same.

2. I forgot!!!!!

2 comments:

Anand said...

I don't agree that Daniel Craig's Bond is better than the one Brosnan played. Craig plays the early Bond and has rebooted the series, but it's difficult to see how this brooding, brawny and angsty Bond will evolve into one with impish howsoever sexist humour, who is more resourceful less brawny, more cerebral and lot less like HULK ..like the one played by Sean Connery. Brosnan did much better job of it.Though i know people think Craig is great.I think Craig can only shake but not stir.

Footloose and Screwloose said...

I find Craig more believable as the kind of resourcefulness that was earlier seen does not make sense to me because as Joker shows in Batman, villains may not necessarily be fools and may have quite a fool proof plan. Atleast I would like to believe that.

I had no idea that Craig's avtaar is of an early Bond. If so then it would really be interesting to watch how the transformation takes place.